U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Anti Newton Ring now Dye Transfer

Re: Anti Newton Ring now Dye Transfer

AAACCKKK!  I saw the message subject and was instantly
transported back to "Dye Transfer I" class during undergrad
- using the "newton ring poofer" filled with talc or
powdered glass, not sure which.  I think Kodak pulled the
matrix film off the market before the semester of "Dye
Transfer Printing II" ended... our dept. head was the ex-dye
printer for David Plowden.  Great way to learn advanced lab
processes and densitometry, I guess.

I should dig up and scan those old prints.  Anyone else work
in that process many moons ago?

Peter Howey
Saginaw Art Museum
phowey@saginawartmuseum.org