U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Some Kallitype observations

RE: Some Kallitype observations

Rajul,

Don Bryant, you do kallis, correct?

I have used potassium oxalate to develop kallitypes - once. I started out
with a virgin mix of PO at 20%. I developed my first print and was greeted
with a dark purple looking print. Immediately I realized 2 things:

1) The PO increased the speed of the kallitype when compared to the same
exposure developed in sodium citrate.
2) I liked the tone/color of the print.

I then adjusted my exposure time and tried the PO developer again. Much to
my surprise the print had the same tonal color as the sodium citrate
developed prints. At that point I saw no advantage to using PO for
kallitypes and dumped the mix.

My 2 cents,

Don Bryant