U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Alternatives to Pictorico

Re: Alternatives to Pictorico

trevor cunningham escribió:
As some of you may or may not know, I live in Egypt. Chemicals are easy to come by here so alt process is a natural choice in a land void of silver gelatin paper. My issue is finding materials to make digital negs with. I use a 5X7 Arca Swiss but desire much larger prints, and film extinction is quickly becoming a depressing reality. More generally, my alt prints evolve from 120 film - print - scan - printed transparency. The low res realities of this are disturbing and frustrating. I was wondering if there are transparency materials that professional printers could use (other than Pictorico, which does not exist here) to make my desired big negs. I might be able to gain access to x-ray film, but the process seems wasteful. Any ideas?

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears it's true" - J Robert Oppenheimer