U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Mixing ferric oxalate

Re: Mixing ferric oxalate

The last batch I mixed up took one and a half days to completely go in to solution. I would periodically reheat to about 120 degrees and use my electric stirrer for half an hour and then let it sit for a few hours. It can just take a lot of time on occasion. BTW, I think your proportions are off. I use that amount of ferric to make up 100ml of solution, not 50ml. That would explain a lot of it.

Clay