U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE : Mixing ferric oxalate

RE : Mixing ferric oxalate

  • To: alt-photo-process-L@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE : Mixing ferric oxalate
  • From: roger kockaerts <permadocument@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 09:18:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hello John,
A practical tip: Put your water on top of the chemicals in a small bottle, screw on the cap;
put the bottle in your pants pocket a go about your usual business;
since your body temperature and the shaking movements of walking around or working is sufficient to dissolve the stuff, after a few hours your senstitizing solution will be cleared ;
why worry if we can keep it simple!
Greetings,
Roger

John Brewer <john@johnbrewerphotography.com> a écrit :
Dear list

I'm mixing ferric oxalate solution from powder and it just isn't going into
solution. I used 27g ferric oxalate with 4.8g oxalic acid and 2g EDTA (Na4).
I used hot distilled water to 50ml. I've been stirring for 3/4 hour and I
still have a yellow green opaque liquid and my hand is about to fall off. Is
it normal to take so long? Can I reheat a little? Any tips/ideas?

Thanks

John.

www.johnbrewerphotography.com

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anaïs Nin.

Roger Kockaerts
Permadocument - pH7
rue des Balkans, 7/7
B-1180 Brussels
Phone: 32-(0)2 347 66 76
We invite you to visit our homepage at: <http://www.permadocument.be>

Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expériences. Cliquez ici.