U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: pt/pd mounting

Re: pt/pd mounting

Now I'm just thinking aloud here, I've only made a few Pt/Pd prints under Kerik's supervision, so I don't claim to know what I'm talking about.

I was under the impression that it was the sensitiser and/or the development of Pt/Pd that was sensitive to alkalinity. After processing surely the paper the print is on is pretty much neutral after washing as everything including any acid pre-soaks are washed out? The resulting image is just the noble metal which is incredibly stable, one of the many reasons for using it.

So I guess using buffered or unbuffered board if fine, but like others have said an acid board, if it could be found or made, would be detrimental to the paper the image is on.

Does that make sense?

John.

www.johnbrewerphotography.com

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anaïs Nin.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gawain Weaver" <gawain.weaver@gmail.com>