U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: multi coating gum question

Re: multi coating gum question

John, if you look at the heading of your posts that come across the list, you should be able to see that the reply-to is set to your name and address, so if anyone replies to your post, it will go to you rather than to the list. But if you look at the heading of my posts, for example, the reply-to is set to the alt-photo list. In order to reply to you publicly, I have to remember to replace your address in the reply mail with the alt-photo address. Sometimes I remember to do that, and sometimes I don't, and that's why some of my replies to your posts come to the list and some come to you personally but not to the list, and sometimes, as in this case, you'll get two copies because when the one I sent doesn't come back on the list I'll realize it just went to you, and send another copy to the list.

You should be able to change the reply-to in your mail preferences somewhere, although looking at mine, I can't see where in my new mail program you would do that, and you have a different mail program than mine anyway. It looks from the header like you're using Microsoft Outlook Express; maybe someone could advise how to change the reply- to in that program.
Katharine