U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Measuring humidity

RE: Measuring humidity

DEAR KATHERINE,
	I bought a clock for around $7 that also had a thermometer and hygrometer
built in.  The only identifying marks are "CE" and "made in China".
 I know that these things are not as reliable as the more professional
dedicated hygrometers but, when I was considering buying the clock, I saw
that 5 out of 10 of them read within a degree in temperature and a few % in
humidity.  I bought the one "in the middle" (the median in statistical
terms) so I feel confident that it is sufficiently accurate to let me know
how my darkroom is doing when I coat PT/PD prints.
	Look in a discount store for clocks with thermometers and hygrometers built
in.
			CHEERS FROM BARBADOS!
				BOB

 Please check my website: http://www.bobkiss.com/

"Live as if you are going to die tomorrow.  Learn as if you are going to
live forever".  Mahatma Gandhi