U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Reply to, was: Re: multi coating gum question

Re: Reply to, was: Re: multi coating gum question

After all this testing let me try to explain how I think email (client) behaviour was designed:

After putting an email adress in the account settings of your email client it is is automaticly supposed as the adress were all replies have to go to. Simple to understand: return all replies to sender.

But sometimes there are exceptions. For example when you have to send your (personal) mail from your work computer and email adress but want all the replies at your private adress. In this case the standard behaviour can be overruled by puting this second adress in the reply-to setting. From that moment all replies related to that message go to the specified reply-to: it has dominance over the standard 'return to sender' behaviour. This is what happened here: the standard behavour (reply to the list) was overruled by the more dominant reply-to setting.

Simply put: never specify a reply-to adress unless you absolutely have to use a different adress than your own to receive replies. But then the list has thisal reply problems with your posts.

kees