U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Van Dyck and Kallitype

Van Dyck and Kallitype

Hi All,

I've been trying to research the difference between these two processes and the resulting confusion has proven fatal. Given the complexity of Kallitype over Van Dyck is there a reason other than contrast control why Kallitype is considered to be superior? I'm so confused about this I don't even know whether the previous sentence makes sense! If I have a digital negative tuned to the Van Dyck process, is this (contrast) still a problem? Are there longevity issues etc..?

 Baby Kate arrived weighing in at 8 pounds 2 ounces of sugar! She's more beautiful than YOUR grand-daughter!!

Regards

David H