To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 6:16 PM
Subject: RE: Van Dyke and Kallitype

Sandy and Loris,

In practice, however, very few people make negatives with enough
contrast for VDB

I must be the exception. Right now I'm looking at two VDB prints on my
office wall with excellent DMAX, midtones, and highlight gradation. Using
TMAX 400 and PyroCat-HD making negatives for VDB is pretty easy.

Just as an FYI these prints are partially gold toned and have a gold
additive in the sensitizer.

But to say that DMAX for VDB sucks doesn't match my experience. And I do
double coat.

Don Bryant