RE: Visit to Istanbul - Biennial of Photography
I just noticed that I haven't posted the reply I wrote to your private mail
dated 9-15. The reply was on my "Drafts" folder, waiting me to send it you
you. Apologies; I thought I already replied your message (BTW, I'd be glad
to meet you when you're here).
Anyway, it's the perfect time to be in Istanbul now, since we (IFSAK -
largest photo club in Turkey) just opened the first International Biennial
of Photography in Istanbul (dates: from 9-15-2006 to 10-31-2006).
For the first time in Turkey, this event also includes a special section
dedicated to alternative processes - consisting of 4 exhibitions and 3
Exhibitions (in alphabetical order):
1. Keith Gerling - Gum Dichromates (http://www.gumphoto.com)
2. Sandy King - Carbons, Pt/Pd's and Kallitypes
3. Michal Macku - Gellages (http://www.michal-macku.cz)
4. Galina Manikova - Silk Panels (http://www.galina.no)
Workshops (in chronological order):
1. Loris Medici - An Introduction to Alternative Processes and Cyanotype (2
days, 9-23 to 9-24)
2. Keith Gerling - Gum Dichromate (3 days, 9-30 to 10-2)
3. Sandy King - Carbon (3 days, 10-13 to 10-15)
Besides these wonderful alternative processes related events, there will be
many more exhibitions (such as an Alexander Rodchenko retrospective,
Gueorgui Pinkhassov... See the biennial web site @
http://www.ifsak.org/bienal/eng/index.html.). There will be a forum section
too (panel discussions, lectures / paper presentations).
See you in Istanbul,
From: Michael Sinclair [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: 22 Eylül 2006 Cuma 03:49
Subject: Visit to Istanbul
I'm going to be in Istanbul in early October - any suggestions from list
members who live there or who know the city on photo-related things to see?
Or anything else that isn't in the guidebooks, for that matter?