U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Selenium-toning Van Dyke Brown prints

RE: Selenium-toning Van Dyke Brown prints

Image #8 is similar to the color I get with KRST and VDB, 1:500. I think some of the color variations maybe paper dependent.

Don Bryant

From: david drake [mailto:daviddrakephoto@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 3:56 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Selenium-toning Van Dyke Brown prints

hello

I've also been experimenting with different toners and VDB printing. KRST was next on the list. It was on Joe Smigeil toning tests that I first came across the idea and was taken with the colour he was getting:

He tones at 1+500 which might make a difference. Also, the jpg colour is obviously not accurate.

Loris and Camden, do Joe's tests come anywhere near your experiences?

david drake