U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Liquid Emulsion Questions

RE: Liquid Emulsion Questions

Fujifilm sells its own version of liquid emulsion, and they also sell a
sizing solution for this type of application. The sizing solution, when
I checked last time, was a styrene butadiene latex copolymer. This is an
excellent material to coat under gelatin emulsion (it's also used on
polyester films).

Note also that wood is not an archival material, unless well aged stock
of certain quality is used. Wood used for quality framing supplies is
good, but plywood is probably not.