U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: brush vs tray size for gum

Re: brush vs tray size for gum

what?  WHAT?  I CAN'T HEAR YA!  hehehehehe

In a message dated 9/28/06 3:42:29 PM, kthayer@pacifier.com writes:

Welcome to the club, Mark. Things are forever coming up that make me
ask myself, hey, haven't I been saying that for months, or years?
We might as well accept it; no one ever listens to anything anyone
says here.

I do actually remember your saying that, but I don't remember the
context or the ensuing discussion.  At any rate, I've been saying for
years that I think my cool humid environment is probably the ideal
environment for gum printing, and I've also said many times that I
suspect that the reason the photoflood works so well for me has to do
with my humid environment, which means I can get very short exposures
with it.  And one of the new pages I'm developing as I've been
working on a major revision of my website is specifically about
humidity and gum. So this is hardly the first time it has occurred to
me that humidity is a factor in gum printing; I'd just never thought
of it as possibly being a significant factor in other issues where
observations differ.

Katharine

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson

Precision Digital Negatives - The System
PDNPrint Forum at Yahoo Groups
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com