U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: fixing van dyke

RE: fixing van dyke

One obvious concern is that Ilford Rapid wash is probably pH of about 5.

Also, I'm not sure of Ilford concentrate, but my fixer (Silvergrain
Clearfix) is approaching 60% ammonium thiosulfate (weight per volume).

Also, I'm not sure if all MSDS percentage is weight per volume. Some may
use weight per weight, as they tend to measure everything in weight in
an industrial plant. This makes little difference if specific gravity is
close to 1 but fixer concentrate is clearly much heavier than 1.