U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: variables in gum (was Re: greens in gum)

Re: variables in gum (was Re: greens in gum)

"Urban myth" comes pretty close. Or, you can try "wives, old or new, almost never talk about green stains in gum, and they never make up tales about them."

Pam

Judy Seigel wrote:
Hi John,

Isn't there another expression besides "old wives tale", something arguably more politically correct? How about old boys' something or other... Actually I think there isn't, probably for lack of trying. (There's an expression something like bubba meisser, but I think that means old wife too.)