U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: dig negs

Re: dig negs

Hey Scott,

I have a special supplement to the book called The Inkjet Negative
Companion. It now includes information on the newest K3 Epsons
(2400,04800, etc.) so you can get up and running quickly. Included is a
nifty Photoshop template image into which you simply drop your final
flattened image. It pretty much semi-automates much of the mumbo jumbo.
You can find it at the following:

http://www.danburkholder.com/Pages/main_pages/book_info_main_page1.htm

Camden said in a post that my system doesn't work that well. Of course
I'd like to respectfully differ. I just returned from teaching a week
workshop on the coast of Oregon where students printed in
platinum/palladium and pigment-over-platinum. Jill (my wife) even gave a
demo in Bromoil from digital negs. Seems like ample evidence that it
sure works. You can see the participants' work (and a group shot of all
of us!) at this URL:

http://www.danburkholder.com/archcape/

Also, all but a couple of these images were captured (sorry, no film)
during the workshop and turned into negs on the spot. And finally, the
nude models were requested by the students. I didn't photograph them and
am not qualified to teach figure photography but the students sure did a
good job with the models. The participants made many more prints but I
requested just three jpegs each to build a workshop web site.

I gotta admit there are worse things than teaching while watching the
surf crash on a deserted beach!

Good luck with your negative making!

Dan

--