U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Paper Hunt for kallitype

Re: Paper Hunt for kallitype

David,

The long and the short of it is that papers that work well for Pt./Pd. also work well for kallitype. COT 320 is among the best in my opinion. Stonhenge Rising White has also worked well consistently for me over the years, though it does not give quite as much Dmax as COT 320. Some papers work much better if you give them a brief oxalic acid pre-soak, but that is another can of worms.

Mixed review on Lennox. I had great results with Lennox several years ago, and based on those results box a couple of hundred sheets of the same paper. Big mistake, because the new stuff does not work very well at all. But the new stuff is now over two years old, so maybe the newer new stuff might work.

Sandy King