U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: mould over gum

RE: mould over gum

Thyme water? (Which contains considerable amnt. of Thymol)


-----Original Message-----
From: Alberto Novo [mailto:alt_list@albertonovo.it] 
Sent: 02 Ekim 2006 Pazartesi 18:34
To: alt-photo-process-L@usask.ca
Subject: mould over gum

This is not a new technique, but a problem submitted me by a friend.
She told me that some of her gum bichromates have developed small white
dots, and asks for something able to kill the mould and its spores but not
the color of the image.
I am thinking to salicylic or ascorbic acid (or their salts) instead of the
old and more poisonous mercuric chloride, or to some commercial agricultural
products. Have you any better solution?

  • References: