U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Ink color for digital negs

Re: Ink color for digital negs

Dear Loris,

On 9 Oct 2006, at 15:11, Loris Medici wrote:

I'm currently making trials on dimensionally stable and ultra fast drying
Yupo paper. The results are promising. I first coat Yupo with Daler Rowney
System 3 Gesso (acrylic base AFAIK, quite matte and porous finish, I do two
coats) then I coat it with 3-4% gelatine (two coats). The whole operation
takes 10 minutes (I dry the paper with hairdryer). This way gum can stay on
surface (if I don't do this surface preparation, gum will simply leave the
paper in pieces no matter how much I expose).

Just use egg not gum no subbing layers needed

best wishes

Pete