U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: 2006 Traveling Portfolio

Re: 2006 Traveling Portfolio

Thanks for posting these, Jeffrey.

I found it interesting that my favorite images are Grace Taylor's Ordinary Places, Ordinary Things series in Van Dyke, since my favorite image from the last portfolio I remember looking at was also Grace Taylor's, from her Rodeo series, a wonderful portrait of a pair of well-used cowboy boots in service, which I still remember vividly. So just want to say publicly, Grace, I love your work! In its obvious attention to and respect for nuances of light, it puts me in mind of Lilo Raymond, probably my favorite photographer of all time.

I really enjoyed looking at the pictures and reading the notes from people working with gum in an experimental mode (Suzanne Izzo), working with gum for the first time (Diana Bloomfield -- impressive work, by the way) or using gum in interesting and innovative ways to achieve desired effects (Marek Matusz--I especially appreciated the detailed notes on process). Thanks everyone, for sharing,

Katharine Thayer