U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Potentially stupid pt/pd question

RE: Potentially stupid pt/pd question

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: Potentially stupid pt/pd question
  • From: Eric Neilsen <ejnphoto@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:01:36 -0500

Camden, I hear you saying two things here you might not have noticed; 1) poor Dmax and 2) brown coffee like stain?  Both can be due to bad ferric. Did you print with clean edges so there is a way to check for fog?

If your coating neither soaked into the paper, and got too little exposure, it could later get developed fall off the paper. Then the paper got subjected to a palladium rich, ferrous oxalate laden solution, you may get that type of stain.

Have you run a ferrous test on your ferric oxalate?

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street

Suite 9

Dallas, TX 75226