U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: digital negative possibilities for gum

Re: digital negative possibilities for gum

In a message dated 10/20/06 2:47:06 PM, marekmatusz@hotmail.com writes:

I find this grain idea in gum very interesting. I have been thinking of it for a while as well. I like a grainy or almost pointilistic look of some of the prints where I have mutilated each of the tricolor layer separately, where the image is made of irregular spotrs of primary colors. I have been trying to introduce grain into RGB separation via the grain commands. I have just played with it, not made any negatives as yet. I am looking for it to produce more brilliant colors.

Marek,

I know what you are getting at—I have some color prints that were made from enlarging an area of a color negative and I really do like the effect of the dots of various color that make up the image.

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson

Precision Digital Negatives - The System
PDNPrint Forum at Yahoo Groups
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com
Military Commissions Act of 2006 - A STAIN on our Nation's History