From: Kate M <kateb@paradise.net.nz>
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: RE: digital negative possibilities for gum
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 11:41:36 +1300

Hi all, I used diginegs with silver emulsion some years ago to get grain into images that were originally shot on 25ASA film - kinda roundabout way of getting what I wanted (why didn't I shoot in 3200 to start with?) but a useful experiment. The prints were, in fact, very successful and the beginning of my experimentation with diginegs. I didn't use bitmaps, though, I used a monochrome RGB image and added film grain with the filters option in Photoshop. There are certainly hundreds of ways to skin a cat with Photoshop.

Kate