From: Keith Gerling [mailto:Keith@GumPhoto.com]
Sent: Sunday, 22 October 2006 9:34 a.m.
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: RE: digital negative possibilities for gum

Someday I'm going to read the manuals and learn just what all of those Mode settings actually do!

I'm not sure if my comment regarding the Soft Light effects and noise is actually cogent to this discussion of bitmaps and whatnot.  Maybe not.  But adding a filter effect, such as Noise is like putting a window screen in front of the image.  It just Sits There and calls attention to itself.  With Soft Light, the noise is imbedded into the image, and yes - it just looks natural.