U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Light Issues

Re: Light Issues

Hi,
This is my first post, I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.
I am doing some Van Dyke prints, only problem is that London in October is not the sunniest place. When there is any sun, it is very unpredictable and printing is not proving very successful.
I have not had any luck locating a UV processing unit that I can have access to. I was wondering if anyone had ever used a tanning bed to expose their prints? Alternatively, does anyone have any suggestions as to another light source I can use as I cannot afford to purchase my own unit and am not technically minded enough to build my own. It was suggested that I could use a single lamp, but I'm worried that the light would not be even over the print as my negs are 12x16".
Any comments would be gratefully received.
Many thanks
Alexis