U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: How many gum layers (Re: ferri sesquichlorati)

Re: How many gum layers (Re: ferri sesquichlorati)

> By the way,  a couple of years ago I took one of these warped prints
> and had it dry-mounted to flatten it, and announced that solution
> here, but I don't think I'd do that to a finished print again,
> because it seems like it would mash down the relief.  People seem to
> be fine about the relief effect, in fact they like it, so I've
> decided not to worry about it.  Like I said, it's only noticeable
> with a print that's fairly high contrast.

I've found a happy medium here, where the print is flattened while
maintaining the relief.  I usually put my prints in a dry-mount press at
220 degrees F for 15-30 seconds.

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net