U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: How many gum layers (Re: ferri sesquichlorati)

Re: How many gum layers (Re: ferri sesquichlorati)

Katherine,

You may be correct.  I think that matching the exposure scale of gum with a negative that has the proper density range just puts you closer...along with a good curve.  For tri-color this is probably all that is  needed, or very close.  For other methods of printing, I think it  would be helpful, but a person might still want to do additional printings to get the effect they want.

I don't remember Chris saying that doing so  would give the effect of a Carbon print.   I thought she said it would improve the print, which I would agree with.

Going around  and around sure makes a person dizzy.

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson

Precision Digital Negatives - The System
PDNPrint Forum at Yahoo Groups
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com
Military Commissions Act of 2006 - A STAIN on our Nation's History