U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: How many gum layers (Re: ferri sesquichlorati)

Re: How many gum layers (Re: ferri sesquichlorati)

And this... :-)

Kees

I did gum printing about 10 yrs ago and this is roughly the way I did it
then, except I used "normal" silver negs. Assumed since then that this is
the way one does gum. Did first come across the pigment adjustment method
recently & got a bit confused.

Pigment description is from : Wall, E. J., Jordan, F. I. Carroll, J. S. ed.
Photographic Facts and Formulas. Prentice­Hall and Amphoto. 1975. pp 313-14.

Both methods seems to give more or less straight curves, when you cut of the
top/dmax,

(Found the rest of that book very interesting, the "pepper dusting on
process" has to be tried some day :-)

And the best description I have seen so far of the fresson process.)

I think I quietly back out of the rest of this debate :-)