U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: How many gum layers (Re: ferri sesquichlorati)

Re: How many gum layers (Re: ferri sesquichlorati)

Hi Keith,

Certainly you could go with a CIS system and use cheaper 3rd party inks.  A lot of people do that.  Just be sure you can get a film substrate/Ink combination that are compatible... inks like some substrates better than other.  There should be a means of testing this...I think the ink manufacturers would probably be willing to print a sample file on your choice of substrate so you would have a sample to review.

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson

Precision Digital Negatives - The System
PDNPrint Forum at Yahoo Groups
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com