U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gum curves

Re: gum curves

Hi David,
Well, obviously something's wrong here, but that was my question, what is it that's wrong? If you have an idea what's wrong, I wish you'd tell me. I didn't run just the one curve, I've run a dozen of them, and I've run them on different pigments, and they all come out flat like that; none of them come close to the print as printed from the inverted, uncurved file. I have an offlist correspondent working on gum curves from ChartThrob; I hope by comparing notes we can figure out what's going on, but like I said, if there's anyone here who has already generated good gum curves from ChartThrob, I'd like to hear about it. Kees, you sounded knowledgeable about ChartThrob; have you generated gum curves from ChartThrob?

If I sound a bit frustrated, it's because I've wasted a lot of time on this for nothing, but I can't seem to let it go because I'm a person who always needs to understand why something is the way it is and keeps worrying at it, like a dog with a bone, til I figure it out. I wish I could just give it up as a lost cause and go back to gum printing; I've got prints to finish.
Katharine