U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: OT: corrupted .NEF files

Re: OT: corrupted .NEF files

You could try the ufraw utility.  Its intended use is a gimp plugin for
reading raw data. There is a stand-alone ufraw utility that will run on
windows.
http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/index.html

a list of cameras it will work with is here:
http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/Cameras.html

Installation details are here:
http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/Install.html

the windows information is at the bottom of the page.  You would likely
be most interested in the |ufraw-0.10-setup.exe|
<http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ufraw/ufraw-0.10-setup.exe?download>

To use ufraw you must first install the GTK+ toolkit available here:
http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

I've never used it so I don't know if it will work

Gord