U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Ferric Oxalate or Ferric Ammonium Oxalate

RE: Ferric Oxalate or Ferric Ammonium Oxalate

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: Ferric Oxalate or Ferric Ammonium Oxalate
  • From: Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 00:15:47 +0200

Oops! Potassium Oxalate is soluble!!!

 I don't remember exactly but Mike told me that K metal salts and AFO will
cause formation of an insoluble salt which incorporates K and Oxalate (and
possibly something else)... In this correspondence, the context was
Chrysotype but I think this is applicable to Pt/Pd printing also; since he
doesn't use the ordinary K salts, he uses the NH4 salts instead (this should
hint some problems related with K salts).