U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: OT: corrupted .NEF files

Re: OT: corrupted .NEF files

Keith,

If you have an iPod, you can download to it.

Another way is if you have a .mac account, you can find an Internet connection and store your pictures on your iDisk. Same thing is true with some servers - just upload at the end of day.

One method that worked well for me is to transfer the pictures to a "film vault", or a hard drive with memory card reader built-in. I'm using one I bought from Computer Geeks for $30 and inserted my own 40 gig hard drive. It doesn't have LCD window to show you the pictures but the price is right and I haven't lost anything yet.

Hope this helps.

Sam