From: Sandy King [mailto:sanking@clemson.edu]
Sent: 09 Kasım 2006 Perşembe 03:22
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Mike Ware's POP Pt./Pd. Pt

I finally received some ferric ammonium oxalate today and was able to do
a few tests with Mike Ware's POP Pt./Pd. process. The results were very
encouraging. The Dmax I was able to get with the sensitizer of  FAO +
Ammonium Tetrachloropalladate (II), on the first try,  was definitely
better than I have been able to get with palladium printing using FO in
my working conditions.  I am working in a room with about 60% RH, which
gives a sepia color print with straight palladium. I am also exposing by
time, not visual inspection.

I would also add that working with the FAO is  a real delight compared
to FO. It mixes up quickly and completely in about 5-10 minutes, and
results are very low fog. I am using Mike Ware's recommended
post-exposure processing, which you can find oin his web site
(http://www.mikeware.co.uk/mikeware/Platino-Palladiotype.html), but I
have also found that I can get contrast control with the Disodium EDTA
with dichroamte. Mike does not specifically recommend this approach, as
I recall, but I find that it gives a lot of flexibility to the process..

In any event, I thank Loris Medici for putting me on the potential
advantages of FAO. Lots of potential here I believe.

Sandy King