U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | where can I get a dumb photoshop question answered?

where can I get a dumb photoshop question answered?

List, I know this is OT but I don't know where to ask--surely one of you will either be able to answer my question or point me to another list. Thanks in advance.
I have only rarely used Photoshop &'s Actions Palette, but I have made it work in the long past. Now I can't--When I check the desired action and mouse down to the Play icon I get a barred circle indicating I can't play the action. I do have an image active. Perhaps I've forgotten something crucial.
Charles Portland OR