U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Mike Ware's POP Pt./Pd. Pt

RE: Mike Ware's POP Pt./Pd. Pt

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: Mike Ware's POP Pt./Pd. Pt
  • From: Eric Neilsen <ejnphoto@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 09:24:47 -0600
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net;h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:In-Reply-To:Thread-Index;b=UTX8Ivc8DPJNCVthD5o7lS07jHelHCmfYsst147Fl6RstPp8+4Mcet+NKKSIcf3ApzEynyA+JnV7GGKHyennPE7LunD+k4aRAxkeIGSobHgjkqaRROwLqki16/36r6azpjRIC+/q2Mv+3FdHF1ETfLXBYtKsn9K/neBbpAmVges= ;

Sandy, I think for users of Na2/Platinic Acid for contrast control would
only see a significant color shift if they are only using PD or very very
small amounts of PT to begin with. I have not noticed any color shift using
it as a contrast method, but then again much of my work has at least 40% PT
in the coating solution already.

However, just about any contrast control will some effect on color compared
to other methods; it is a matter of degree as the amount of contrast agent
is added to the solution.

And for those in the UK or Europe, you need not look for Na2, but simply ask
you metal supplier such as Engelhard for platinic acid.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226