U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gum curves -- corrections

Re: gum curves -- corrections

On Nov 11, 2006, at 5:35 PM, Katharine Thayer wrote:

(1) the two prints were printed on different days, with very different environmental conditions. Ordinarily I would adjust the exposure to accommodate a change in humidity as a matter of course, but I was caught up in this idea about standardization, which shows what a powerful idea it is, and how misleading it can be. The humidity was 20% higher when I printed the curved print than when I printed the uncurved print, and the curved print was simply way overexposed by using the same exposure time.
I meant to add, re humidity, that I think Keith has the right idea in controlling humidity by humidifying the paper.
kt