U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Idle Curiosity [was RE: NA2 with AFO

Re: Idle Curiosity [was RE: NA2 with AFO

Yes, it's shorthand for the sodium chloroplatinate used (usually) as a
contrasting agent in pt/pd printing.

On 11/15/06, Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com> wrote:

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006, Jeremy Moore wrote:

> "Na2" is Sodium Chloroplatinate and "dichromate" is ammonium or
> potassium dichromate--2 completely different chemicals.

What piqued my curiosity, Jeremy, was that to the layperson (and even a
chem grad I consulted) Na2 means 2 molecules sodium, or like that.  Is
that some kind of shorthand used by platinum printers?

J.