U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Lithium Chloropalladite...

RE: Lithium Chloropalladite...

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: Lithium Chloropalladite...
  • From: Eric Neilsen <ejnphoto@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:55:43 -0600
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net;h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:In-Reply-To:Thread-Index;b=nP8GyyYSWFa+W8J7ZlJagk2uYwky5LxjtJ2yZv3i1oBOk+4lbRjvZVzBLdII4pPFzqH0F/VpPEtH0G7vjqLEB7AL/R3mIw3dUsTu0MdrwMLQrEVlqORm+KX+mrgdSSvsuev5pVDK9xAHfMWQJjygwu0DOe/MKotqAGbADTrCYU8= ;

Camden, The smart money is on buying palladium chloride and then all the
salts that you want to mix; sodium, ammonium, lithium chlorides. These salts
can be bought in small amounts from Artcraft. There is no reason to convert
a bunch of palladium into one flavor if you don't need to. However, anytime
you try and mix very small quantities of some thing, the more accurate you
need to be.

I mix up 10 ml bottles of it when I make it. The down side to storing any
lithium chloride is that it is very deliquescent (sp), it absorbs water from
the air and turn into a liquid. So keep it tightly seal and keep plenty of
silica gel packs around it.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street