RE: Lithium Chloropalladite...
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: RE: Lithium Chloropalladite...
- From: Eric Neilsen <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:55:43 -0600
- Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net;h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:In-Reply-To:Thread-Index;b=nP8GyyYSWFa+W8J7ZlJagk2uYwky5LxjtJ2yZv3i1oBOk+4lbRjvZVzBLdII4pPFzqH0F/VpPEtH0G7vjqLEB7AL/R3mIw3dUsTu0MdrwMLQrEVlqORm+KX+mrgdSSvsuev5pVDK9xAHfMWQJjygwu0DOe/MKotqAGbADTrCYU8= ;
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: AccJHOihR1QLySCyTpy4N/te7TYf/QAFVlrw
Camden, The smart money is on buying palladium chloride and then all the
salts that you want to mix; sodium, ammonium, lithium chlorides. These salts
can be bought in small amounts from Artcraft. There is no reason to convert
a bunch of palladium into one flavor if you don't need to. However, anytime
you try and mix very small quantities of some thing, the more accurate you
need to be.
I mix up 10 ml bottles of it when I make it. The down side to storing any
lithium chloride is that it is very deliquescent (sp), it absorbs water from
the air and turn into a liquid. So keep it tightly seal and keep plenty of
silica gel packs around it.
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Dallas, TX 75226
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Camden Hardy [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 6:33 PM
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Lithium Chloropalladite...
> ...say that five times fast. :) Anyway...
> I'm considering giving the ziatype a try, but don't want to spend $63 for
> a 25ml bottle of lithium palladium. Does anyone know of a less expensive
> I'd probably be willing to buy in bulk, since I could use it for other
> palladium processes (right?), but I'd rather not if I don't have to.
> Camden Hardy