U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: WAY OT Re: Podcast, anyone...? (was Re: alt video)

Re: WAY OT Re: Podcast, anyone...? (was Re: alt video)

The idea of 'Publish-or-Perish" says nothing about what is published or where, though it is agreed that certain venues are more valued than others. Having taught History of Photography several times, I can tell you how difficult a beast it has become, if it is to be taught in a single semester. I am continually searching for ideas and ways of teaching the material that will increase the retention of information, on the part of students, well beyond the next exam.

Teaching online courses are also a good way to satisfy administrators who constantly push you to teach classes containing the 'magic number' of students (it's all about $$$). As we were told recently by academic affairs "a student is a student, onsite or online".

What we're talking about here is a Photo History course, so there's little or no groundbreaking information, just a better way of disseminating the information already onhand.

-Mark Malloy <malloyml@appstate.edu>