U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: air compressor

RE: air compressor

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: air compressor
  • From: Eric Neilsen <ejnphoto@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:12:55 -0600
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net;h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:In-reply-to:X-MIMEOLE:Thread-index;b=W0xl4r5y0LaKlq+D4UkH1gBrRcf4n6CA9XtOyeP1IArZ2WYSJdk+WOh4Y0gPuhMO2nh2JuD726bum8jtgQvh+3RI0F3c4e/6vj64uLLwLEeoHWcchKn+PH1+Ech3m8gyE3jI4WpV4Fu9YUPkyWCOQ1iot+2v5cTq7LXhgU4FXcw= ;

Ryuji, I'd recommend a small pancake compressor with a good moisture trap
and filter. If you want to get into making use of a compressor for darkroom
use the air needs to be clean and dry. The smaller you go, the more it will
need to work for some applications which might lead to faster burn up of the
motor. I have a two 1/2 gallon compressor which work well for negs, scanner,
spraying of prints, etc. I picked it up along with several nailers and a
staple gun. I think you can find compressor only for around $100. There are
larger ones as well for the same price, about 10 gallons but they are a bit
bigger.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street