U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: air compressor

Re: air compressor

Ryuji wrote:

> What's the smallest and
> cheapest air compressor that can be used for this type of
> applications?

I second what Don said re: nitrogen or other dry gas.  Compressors tend to
put contaminants (lubricants, generally) in the air.  I happen to have
argon around for welding and for putting an inert filling in chemical and
paint containers, so I tend to use that.  More expensive than nitrogen, but
I have it and the amount I use for other purposes is nearly insignificant
compared to welding.

For compressors, a cheap airbrush compressor should work.  Maybe even an
aquarium/hydroponics compressor.  Both of these tend to run pretty clean.

Best regards,

etienne