U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: air compressor

Re: air compressor

Ryuji,

A diaphragm compressor (no oil involved with a diaphragm compressor) would server you well, perhaps coupled with a storage tank. You would probably want to add a moisture trap, but a diaphragm compressor will spare you the hardships that a compressor with an oil sump might bring your way. FWIW, for some compressed air systems vaporized oil is considered a "plus" as it provides additional lubrication to the tools that are using the compressed air as an energy source. But, vaporized oil would obviously not be a plus if you plan on pointing the nozzle at the end of your "air hose" at a photographic negative or a print.

best

-greg schmitz <gws1@columbia.edu>