U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gelatin

Re: gelatin

Scott,

What were the reasons for this suggestion?  I've done a layer of Knox
gelatin underneath VDB coatings, and as far as I could tell it had no
effect whatsoever on the final print.  Side by side, I couldn't see a
difference/advantage to coating with gelatin first.

As far as dos and don'ts go, in my experience it's pretty hard to screw up
VDB with a gelatin undercoat...just make sure the gelatin's completely dry
before coating the VDB solution.

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net