U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: "New" Paper for Pt/Pd (and other iron processes, too)

RE: "New" Paper for Pt/Pd (and other iron processes, too)

Thanks for the update Kerik. I guess that's good news for you people
living in the States (does Cranes have distributors / resellers in
Europe?)... We (Europeans) are quite happy with our Bergger COT 320 - I
presume ;)... Europeans, what papers do you use for Pt/Pd printing? (Or
for other iron processes...)

I just looked at the page (which Don provided the correct link - thanks
Don) and it says "rosin-alum sizing". *I'm not quite sure*, but I
remember that I've read something like "alum = no good (in terms of
longevity / archival properties)" somewhere / sometime... If that's the
case, I don't think that's a perfect paper for Pt/Pd printing (most
would want an archival paper for this). Can someone (preferably a
conservator) put me straight on this issue?

P.S. BTW Kerik, I still have to write list address manually (replacing
yours) into the To: field when replying to your messages - quite
confusing.