U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Density Base OHP and Stouffer

Re: Density Base OHP and Stouffer

I measured visual density of some substrates this afternoon. Unfortunately my X-Rite can't measure UV densities, so these readings are not that usefull, but they give an idea about how clear these substrates are. But beware: even a very clear substrate might be a perfect uv blocker! Sandy King reported on this list that there was a 0.14 difference between visual (0.04) and uv (0.18) density for the pictorico base.

These are my readings:

Pictorico: 0.043
Agfa CopyJet: 0.042
Ultrafine Crystal Clear Inkjet Film: 0.031
Perfect Proof High density Inkjet film: 0.030

Perfect Proof (http://perfectproof.com) combines a clearer base with a very smooth and high density coating and is my prefered substrate for now. Available in Europe and US at about the same price as CopyJet and Pictorico (US).

kees