U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | London gum printers

London gum printers

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: London gum printers
  • From: Laura Valentino <laura@this.is>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:48:56 +0000

Hi,
I've just booked a trip to London from the 14th to the 19th of December. (There came an offer in my email today that I couldn't refuse!)
I would really love to meet some gum printers while I'm there...ideally to visit your studio and watch you coat, expose and develop a print...that would be priceless! I would be willing to answer all your questions about Iceland, bring you smoked salmon or graflax, wash your brushes, or whatever else I could do to make it interesting and/or helpful for you :)

Also, any tips on exhibits or galleries in London featuring gum or other alt prints would be appreciated. I've never even seen a finished gum print in person, so I'm really just flailing away in the dark (literally)! I may also be making a day trip to Brighton.

Any takers for a visit from a trekker from Iceland?

Best Regards,
Laura

ps, I have a website at www.lavatop.com if you want to see a little bit about me and what I do.