From: richard jones [mailto:richard_cynan@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, 5 December 2006 6:17 a.m.
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: SE-1 + Wetting Agent - Shelf life

Hello to all the alt-photoists out there, this is my first post.  I'm trying Dry plates at the moment and would like to figure out a cost/space affective way of working. Here's my question...s

Does adding wetting agent (ilford) affect the shelf-life of (silverprint) SE-1 emulsion?

I would like to separate a 240ml bottle of emulsion into smaller film containers and add 5ml wetting agent to each.

Also...

Under dry, lightproof conditions how long will a coated plate last for?

And...

Does the ISO of SE-1 emulsion change over time like Liquid Light?